Warranty on LYTETECHNOLOGY Desktop Computer Systems
The “Standard Warranty” covers 1 year parts and labor.
LyteTechnology warrants this product and its parts against defects in materials or workmanship for the period specified in the warranty included with the purchase from the original date of delivery. During this period, LyteTechnology will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts at LyteTechnology option, without charge to you. All original parts replaced by Lytetechnology or its authorized service centers, become the property of LyteTechnology. You are responsible for the payment, at current rates, for any service or repair outside the scope of this warranty.
LyteTechnology, makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to an implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, with respect to this computer other than as set forth below. LyteTechnology makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
Except as provided below, LyteTechnology is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the computer. Under no circumstances shall LyteTechnology be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the computer.
The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty
The above Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty extends only to products distributed by LYTETECHNOLOGY and is effective only if the products are purchased and operated in the USA. (Within the USA including US 48 States, Alaska and Hawaii.
- This warranty covers only normal use of the computer. LYTETECHNOLOGY shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from (i) misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation; (ii) disasters such as fire, flood, lightning or improper electric current; or (iii) service or alteration by anyone other than an authorized LYTETECHNOLOGY representative.
- Virus and other malware are not covered under warranty. As a courtesy LYTETECHNOLOGY will attempt to remove any virus on computers sent back under warranty however virus and malware are NOT covered under warranty. In addition, if a virus damages the computer or our equipment, the customer will be solely responsible.
- LYTETECHNOLOGY will try to remove any virus on a computer sent back for repair or replacement but it is NOT covered under warranty
- The shipping for items in 30 day warranty within the lower 48 states will be covered by LYTETECHNOLOGY. The shipping will not be covered by LYTETECHNOLOGY for any warranty period for items purchased in Alaska and Hawaii, and all other off-shore insular areas, such as American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico.
- In the event that your computer is returned to LYTETECHNOLOGY for repair – should no defect in materials or workmanship be found, you will be responsible for return shipping and current labor charges.
- You must retain your bill of sale or other proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
- The computer’s serial number must be untampered with and clearly identifiable.
- No warranty extension will be granted for any replacement part(s) furnished to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty.
- Any repairs made by a non authorized LYTETECHNOLOGY service center will void any and all remaining warranties and return policies offered by LYTETECHNOLOGY (unless written authorization was previously given by LYTETECHNOLOGY)
- LYTETECHNOLOGY and its Authorized Service Centers accept no responsibility for any software programs, data or information stored on any media or any parts of any products returned for repair to LYTETECHNOLOGY , it’s dealer, distributors, resellers, or Authorized Service Centers.
- All pre-installed software programs are licensed to customers under non-LYTETECHNOLOGY software vender’s term and conditions provided with the packages.
- This warranty does not cover any third party software or virus related problems.
- LYTETECHNOLOGY makes no warranty either expressed or implied regarding third-party (non-LYTETECHNOLOGY) software.
- If a replacement part or PC is sent to you before LYTETECHNOLOGY receives the original part, the original part must be shipped back within 14 days of receiving the replacement part. If it is not shipped back (as in scanned by the carrier) within 14 days your original payment method will be charged for the cost of that part.
- All items sent back for refund or repair must have a return label or RMA number from us. Any item sent back without an RMA number will not be accepted and will be shipped back to the customer at their own expense.
- Any items that are overclocked or used for crypto “mining” are void of any LYTETECHNOLOGY Warranty. However, these items may still be warrantied by the manufacturer. If that is the case, we will assist with that process.
Replacement PC Policy
Under certain situations LYTETECHNOLOGY will send a replacement PC to the customer prior to the return shipping of the original computer. When you receive a replacement PC you must RETURN ORIGINAL PC WITHIN 14 DAYS unless otherwise stated. Failure to do this will result in the cost of the computer being charged to you. If the payment method on file is not able to be charged the undue balance may be sent to a collection agency. The PC returned must be whole and complete. Any components missing or tampered with will be charged to the customer. Replacement PCs will only be offered for the first 30 days from the date of delivery. Any replacement PC does not restart/alter the warranty length, time, or coverage.
LYTE Technology Refund Assurance Policy
LYTETECHNOLOGY offers optional refund assurance on all of their products. Selecting the assurance option covers you from reasonable damage in shipping/unboxing and allows a full cash back refund of the original price of the computer. For items returned without refund assurance a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund total. Refund assurance does not affect your warranty length, time, or coverage. Regardless of refund assurance all LYTETECHNOLOGY computers include a 6 month full warranty. The Assurance plan does not cover shipping costs. Whether refund assurance is selected or not, the customer will be liable for return shipping for all refunds. LYTETECHNOLOGY will cover shipping for any repairs/replacements.
Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service
RMA (Returning Merchandise Authorization) Policy:
If repairs are required, the customer must obtain a RMA number and provide proof of purchase. RMA and services are rendered by LYTETECHNOLOGY or Authorized Service Centers only.
For the first 30 days from the date of delivery LYTETECHNOLOGY will cover the shipping for any repair or warranty work. After the initial 30 days any shipping costs on any item(s) returned for repair are the customers responsibility. All returned parts must have a RMA number written clearly on the outside of the package along with a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted.
Should you have any problems with your computer, please follow these procedures to obtain the service:
- If the computer must be repaired, a RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization Number) will be issued for shipment to our repair depot. Please follow the instructions given by LYTETECHNOLOGY technical support staff to ship your computer.
- Pack the computer in its original box or a well-protected box. LYTETECHNOLOGY will not be responsible for shipping damage/lost or any product not purchased direct from LYTETECHNOLOGY . It is very important that you write the order number clearly outside the package. LYTETECHNOLOGY will not pay for return shipping costs outside main land U.S.A. including Hawaii, Alaska, Guam and Puerto Rico. Ship the computer with a copy of your bill of sales or other proof of purchase, your name, address, phone number, description of the problem(s), and the order number you have obtained to:
1486 St Paul Ave. Gurnee IL, 60031, USA
- You must ship your return within 14 days of receiving your return shipping label or your RMA may be voided.
- Upon receiving the computer, LYTETECHNOLOGY will repair or replace your computer (at LYTETECHNOLOGY discretion) and will ship it back to you within 2 weeks(depends on parts availability) via UPS.
- Pre-exchange (Parts only): You will need to provide a valid credit card number as a deposit guarantee. Once approval has been obtained on your credit card, the part(s) will be shipped FedEx/UPS. You will need to ship defective part(s) back to LYTETECHNOLOGY within 14 days to avoid charges to your credit card. If such charges are incurred, the shipped part(s) will be billed at the then current price.
- You will be responsible for shipping charges to LYTETECHNOLOGY. In the event that no hardware problems can be found with your computer, you will be responsible for return shipping costs. You must pay this fee before we can ship your computer back to you. Refer to the Product Return Agreement at the end of this manual.
After One-Year Warranty – Post Warranty Repair
For post warranty repair, the procedure is the same however; you are responsible for shipping charges both way, current labor, and the current price of part(s) used in repair.
Desktop Technical Support:
- Our Web address: www.lytetechnology.com
- E-mail for Technical Support: email@example.com
- In-House Technical Support Phone#: (847)766 0234
- E-mail for Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service Phone#: (847)766 0234
This product is warranted to the original purchaser against any defects in materials and/or workmanship. This warranty applies only to computers and components originally configured and manufactured by LYTETECHNOLOGY.
If repairs are required during your warranty period, please refer to Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service in the LYTETECHNOLOGY Warranty section of this manual.
LYTETECHNOLOGY advises shipping the computer in the original box and packing materials. If the original box and materials are no longer available, please call your shipper to receive specifications for shipping a package through them. Please do not attempt to ship via U.S. Mail. The U.S. Mail has no way of tracking the package in the event the package never arrives at LYTETECHNOLOGY. We recommend UPS, FedEx or any other shipping company that uses tracking technology.
YOUR ORDER NUMBER MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE. TAPE A NOTE TO THE SIDE OF YOUR COMPUTER, INSIDE THE BOX OR PACKAGE. THIS NOTE SHOULD INCLUDED:
YOUR FULL NAME, ADDRESS, ORDER NUMBER, DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER AND PROBLEM(S) DESCRIPTION.
- The box should able to handle a weight of 40~50 lbs.
- There should be a minimum of 3” of space on all six sides of the computer.
- The 3” space shall be fitted with BLOCK FOAM material. Make sure the material will absorb an impact if dropped.
- We do not recommend foam popcorn/peanuts, newspaper, pieces of cardboard, blankets etc. These materials tend to shift in the box and allow the computer to move and make contact with the sides of the box.
- Use heavy-duty 3” packing tape rated at 60 lbs. To seal the package. Do not use masking tape – the driver will not accept the package.
- When you ship your LYTETECHNOLOGY product in for repair or credit, LYTETECHNOLOGY is not liable or responsible for freight damage. It is recommended that you insure the package in the event that your LYTETECHNOLOGY product is received freight damaged, you may be able to file a claim with your shipper.
- If your computer is damaged due to improper shipping, you must instruct LYTETECHNOLOGY to repair or return your computer within 30 days. Computer left beyond 30 days will be subject to a storage fee of $5 per day. However, in no event will storage of your computer exceed 6 months. Any item left beyond 6 months shall be discarded at LYTETECHNOLOGY sole discretion.
ALL DAMAGE WILL DELAY THE RETURN OF YOUR COMPUTER
Individual parts must be handled in a similar manner:
- The parts must have sufficient protection to prevent damage, use anti-static bag for memory and peripherals.
- Hard drives, Floppy drives, CD-ROMS and peripherals must be boxed. Never use an envelope. These parts are sensitive to being dropped or crushed.
- Any package received damaged will be kept in the receiving department and the Technical Support and Customer Service Supervisors will be contacted in order to contact you regarding the damage. You will then be advised to file a claim with the shipping company.
If you have any question regarding to this limited warranty, please E-mail to us at: email@example.com.
LYTETECHNOLOGY reserves the right to change this limited warranty without any further notice.
Build Kit Warranty.
LYTETECHNOLOGY tests every component included in our build kits before shipping. If an item arrives damaged or not functioning out of the package we will replace the part for free. Due to the nature of build kits, once a kit is beginning being built we do not warranty the entire build. Instead build kits include the original manufacture warranty for each component. If you have any issues with the components we can assist in getting an RMA from the manufacturer.
Note** there may be some components that do not have a manufacturer warranty. You will still be covered by our safe delivery guarantee.
LYTETECHNOLOGY is confident that you will be completely satisfied with your LYTE computer. However, should you be unsatisfied for any reason, we offer you the option to return most products you purchase directly from LYTETECHNOLOGY.
30-Day Return Period for Certain Products and Accessories: Unless you have a separate agreement with LYTETECHNOLOGY (approved in writing), or an exception (as provided below), all hardware, accessories, peripherals, and parts may be returned within 30 days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a credit of purchase price paid, less shipping and handling, rush service fees, and any applicable restocking fees (as further described below). Any product returned to LYTETECHNOLOGY without prior authorization from LYTETECHNOLOGY will be considered an unauthorized return, and you will not receive credit for the product.
A restocking fee of 15% may be applied to a returned item purchased without refund assurance. LYTETECHNOLOGY custom builds every PC upon ordering. It is policy to reload an operating system of any PC sent back to ensure the safety and security of our customers. Restocking fees are applied to all systems sold by LYTETECHNOLOGY without refund assurance. If you purchased Refund assurance on checkout you will NOT be charged a restocking fee.
ALTERNATIVE REFUND DETAILS:
If a refund can not be issued to your original payment method due to your financial institution declining the refund, an alternative refund may be processed via PayPal.
- The refund amount will be issued to you via PayPal. The payment will be sent “for goods and services” and PayPal may charge a transaction fee. This fee is around 3%.
- The refund will take around 48 hours to process.
- We will send a confirmation email before sending the refund that states this information and requires verification from you before initiating the alternative refund.
- By accepting this alternative refund method you are agreeing that no disputes or chargebacks will be opened on the transaction through the original payment method.
Exceptions to the Satisfaction Guarantee and 30-Day exchange Period:
- Software may not be returned at any time, unless the software being returned is
- Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that you have not accepted by clicking “I agree to these Terms and Conditions.”
- Products that have been physically damaged, neglected, or abused by the customer, or if any “void if removed” warranty stickers are removed, cannot be accepted for full refund.
- Any items that have been overclocked or used for crypto “mining” are non refundable.
- If you return a purchased item that qualified you for a discount, promotional item or promotional gift card and either (i) do not also return the discounted or promotional item or (ii) have already redeemed the promotional card, LYTETECHNOLOGY may deduct the value of the discount, promotional item or redeemed card from any refund you receive for the return of the purchased item.
- If you return a purchased item that qualified you for a promotional “Free Shipping” discount, LYTETECHNOLOGY will deduct $50 for the value of the shipping discount from any refund you receive for the return of the purchased item.
HOW TO RETURN A PRODUCT:
Before returning a product, you MUST first contact LYTETECHNOLOGY customer service at 847-766-0234. LYTETECHNOLOGY will not accept returns without a order number. NOTE: You must ship the product to LYTETECHNOLOGY within 10 days of confirming RMA with LYTETECHNOLOGY and MUST follow these steps:
- Ship back all products you are seeking to return to LYTETECHNOLOGY and for which you received an order number. For partial returns, your credit may be less than the invoice or individual component price due to bundled or promotional pricing or any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
- Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition, along with any media, documentation and any other items that were included in your original shipment. LYTETECHNOLOGY will not provide a replacement shipping box under any circumstances.
- Ship the products at your expense, and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
- Upon receipt of your return, LYTETECHNOLOGY will issue a credit of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling, and any applicable restocking fees subject to this policy.
Note: Before you return the product to LYTETECHNOLOGY, make sure to back up any data on the hard drive(s) and on any other storage device in the product. Remove any and all confidential, proprietary and personal information as well as removable media such as flash drives, CDs and PC Cards. LYTETECHNOLOGY is not responsible for any confidential, proprietary or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media that may be included with your return.
- You are free to cancel your order at any point prior to shipping. Once the package is shipped (defined as packaged and labeled) the PC will me considered a “Return” and will follow the return instructions detailed above.
LYTE BUILD KIT RETURN POLICY
- While we guarantee safe delivery of the components, we do NOT offer refunds on build kits. Due to the computer being built and assembled by the customer we cant guarantee the safety of the part handling and thus do not provide refunds once a build kit has begun being assembled. However, many components in LYTETECHNOLOGY “build kits” are covered by the manufacturer warranty (1-5 years). If you have any issues please contact us.